Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gobble Gobble Gobble!!

I was watching my favorite chef Ina today on Food Network, and saw her make Roast Turkey with Truffle Butter (recipe available on foodnetwork.com). Side note: I love watching the Food Network during Thanksgiving time! I might need to start wearing a bib to catch all the drool! Anyways, I have recently started working with truffle butter and truffle oil. I am hooked! The deep flavor really makes even easy dishes taste rich and elegant.

Needless to say, when I saw Ina using it on a turkey, I was ecstatic! I am thinking I might try to make a small turkey using this method. I typically buy my truffle goods at Williams-Sonoma when I can make it to the store (I'm not close by unfortunately). The truffle oil is available in-store and online, but the truffle butter is in-store only. Ina buys hers online at dartagnan.com, so I might have to go that route if I run out before I try this recipe. Yes, they are expensive, but as I always say, I'm worth it!

D'Artagnan

No comments:

Post a Comment