Monday, June 22, 2009

Dressing Up Your Table

On Ina Garten's website, a question is asked about where she gets her silver bowls that she uses on the show. Ina reveals that it is a line called Hotel Silver sold at Bergdorf Goodman's. The pieces are ones that were originally used in old, upscale hotels. Now since Ina makes just a little bit more money than I do, Bergdorf's is a great choice for her. Not so much for me. So, I did a little investigating and found some great sites where you can purchase these pieces at a much more reasonable price. Even so, you probably will only be able to collect one or two pieces at a time. I got my first two bowls at poshchicago.com and I love them. You can fill them with dried fruits, nuts, or candy. They instantly add glamour to your table. The other site I love is parishotelboutique.com which features great vintage pieces with that Parisian flair. I haven't bought anything from there yet, but I have my eye on a couple things.

Hotel Silver is so much fun because the pieces are one-of-a-kind, and have a great story behind them. They are great conversation pieces for your next party.

Vintage Silverplate Small Deco Bowl
My new bowls (I got two)
Photo from poshchicago.com

No comments:

Post a Comment