Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our Big Year!



This school year was definitely an exciting one for me, as well as a crazy one. Trying to teach is already an all-consuming feat, but throw in a wedding and buying your first home, and you've got more than you can handle on your plate!

My college sweetheart Chris and I tied the knot on October 11, 2008 at Casa Real Winery in Livermore, CA. It was the perfect day, and everything turned out better than I ever could have asked for. Thankfully, my mom loves to plan and organize events. Without her, nothing would have come together. We went with a Fall theme. Deep, rich colors, leaves, and lots of other natural elements. The venue was brand new and absolutely stunning! In fact, we actually took a risk and booked before they had even started construction. We saw artist renderings of the property, and were able to see the vision of what they were trying to create. It had a very old world, Mediterranean feel to it, which is exactly what I was hoping for. In the end, we had a warm, cozy, yet elegant event that was an absolute blast! 

On top of all of that, we decided to buy a house, and hoped that we could move in before the wedding. Well, we got our wish. After looking and bidding for months with no success, we finally had our offer approved on a 4 bed, 3 bath home in a fantastic gated community! The only problem was that we cut it kind of close. We closed and moved in just 3 weeks before the wedding. Talk about a lot going on at once! It was also tough for me at work since I started the school year living out of boxes. Now that we're more settled, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The house is coming together well. Almost the entire house is now furnished, but we're planning some renovations down the line. I'm excited for that, but it will be awhile. We gave up some of the bells and whistles in this house to get into the best neighborhood, but I think it was well worth it. At least everything is very livable for us, so there really is no rush. My aunt is working on our window coverings, so I can't wait until we can hang those! It will really add a nice finishing touch!
       

Amazing Photos by Ultra-Spective Photography in Livermore,CA

No comments:

Post a Comment